Gaming and More!
Create an account so you can have full access to the forum! What are you waiting for? Sign up now or log in and get posting!
Gaming and More!
Create an account so you can have full access to the forum! What are you waiting for? Sign up now or log in and get posting!
Gaming and More!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JGAM! A fun place where you can talk about your favorite video games, sports, and even the news!

HomeGamesMusicGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inTEST
Welcome to JGAM forums!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
JakeAdmin (250)
News Headlines short I_vote_lcapNews Headlines short I_voting_barNews Headlines short I_vote_rcap 
FreeRiderman (171)
News Headlines short I_vote_lcapNews Headlines short I_voting_barNews Headlines short I_vote_rcap 
codi17 (148)
arf333 (103)
seth7 (101)
Starstorm (14)
Scipion (9)
aaronz (9)
minecraft dude (7)
greatone200 (7)
Latest topics
» Death
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 5:17 am by seth7

» New Music Page
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:03 am by codi17

» some forums
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm by JakeAdmin

» Reviving The Forum
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 pm by JakeAdmin

» adding music
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 pm by codi17

» NO FUCKIN POSTS
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 pm by JakeAdmin

» JTag
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 am by arf333

» to frm
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:15 pm by JakeAdmin

» I JUST PISSED OF A TELEMARKETER
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 pm by JakeAdmin

Reviving The Forum
News Headlines short Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm by JakeAdmin
Just for anyone that happens to log on... i'm starting working heavily on this forum again, and will be adding lots of new stuff, one being the new music page (not sure if im gonna use it as a music page or not, but ill be updating my progress every once in a while, too see that just click on the "TEST" button at the top navigation of the forum.), also new forums, and probably a whole re-design …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 2
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is barclfragcp

Our users have posted a total of 824 messages in 113 subjects
Affiliates
free forum

Partner Forum

News Headlines short

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
codi17
Master
Master
codi17

News Headlines short Empty
PostSubject: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:48 pm

News Headlines short News10

Murray plan 'too little, too late'

A draft plan for the Murray-Darling Basin has been condemned as too little, too late for the health of the ailing river system.

The plan, released on Monday, proposes to cut water use by 2750 gigalitres a year, short of the 3000 to 4000 gigalitres originally suggested.

The cut will be phased in over seven years, prompting one water researcher to say the amount allocated for the environment is insufficient to sustain significant areas of freshwater ecosystems.

Dr Jamie Pittock, from the Crawford School of Economics and Government at Australian National University, says action is needed now.

"The draft plan is a case of too little and too late," he said, adding it was worse for the environment than the much-criticised guide which sparked a furious reaction from basin communities earlier in the year.

Dr Pittock said the reliance on environmental works and measures was risky.

Murray-Darling Basin Authority chairman Craig Knowles said the draft plan represented a new way of managing the river system.

"The old way of managing the basin has well and truly reached its use-by-date," he told ABC Television.

Mr Knowles is cautious about some of the "extravagant" claims from both irrigators and environmentalists.

"We've endeavoured to strike a balance," he said.

Under the draft plan, a formal review will test environmental, social and economic impacts in 2015.

"We want the system to enter the next drought with a level of resilience ... that makes sure we don't see some of the diabolical consequences as (when) we entered the last drought," federal Water Minister Tony Burke said.

But he warned there will be consequences for basin communities.

"You can't have reform without having that," Mr Burke said.

The opposition wants to see more detail, especially about the potential impact on individual communities.

"People in those (basin) towns deserve a greater socio-economic analysis of what's happening to them," opposition water spokesman Barnaby Joyce told Sky News.

But Mr Burke says communities will be able to have their say during the 20-week consultation period.

The opposition also wants to put a stop to arbitrary water buybacks and more money towards improving infrastructure.

Of the $5.8 billion allocated to improving basin infrastructure only $250 million had been spent so far, Senator Joyce said.

The Australian Greens say the draft plan still overlooks environmental needs, fails to tackle the problems of over-allocation and risks becoming a multi-billion dollar flop.

"This plan, unless it is modified to deliver more returns to the environment, will fail to save the river and the species that rely on it," Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young said.

Returning only 2750GL to the system won't keep open the mouth of the Murray River in South Australia.

"Nor will it flush out the two million tonnes of salt that travels down the system annually," she said.

South Australian Premier Jay Wetherill says his state had capped allocations for more than 40 years, unlike upstream states which had "merrily over-allocated" in the years since.

"Now we're being asked to bear a burden ... we think that's unfair," he told ABC Radio.

Mr Knowles said the upstream-downstream "tug-o-war" had to end.

"It's very unproductive," he said

Think before you buy this Xmas: Choice

Christmas is too often leading to unwanted presents, re-gifting and refunding, Choice says.

The consumer advocacy group commissioned a survey of more than 1500 Australians this month which discovered that 21 per cent had been given a present in the past year where the quality or performance didn't live up to expectations.

Despite this, 31 per cent said they would never return an unwanted gift, sending them instead to the scrapheap or to storage.

"A lot of people spend a lot of money buying presents for people that they don't actually want or need," Choice director of campaigns Christopher Zinn told AAP on Monday.

Among the gifts known to annoy are popcorn makers, electric peppercorn mills and novelty items, such as Christmas-themed soap, he said.

These unwanted items can then get caught up in a "pass the parcel of worthless things", with an average of 20 per cent of Australians reporting they had re-gifted.

To prevent bad presents from being returned to you, Mr Zinn suggested pooling money to purchase quality rather than quantity and ensuring that stores have reasonable return or refund policies.

"There are also a lot of people that might gift digital radios or cameras ... but make sure you do your research first because there can be a big difference between the products."

Choice unveiled a Christmas Tree of Junk in Martin Place in Sydney on Thursday to remind people about the amount of unwanted gifts passed out each Christmas.

all images phrases and words belong to ninemsn

Last edited by codi17 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
codi17
Master
Master
codi17

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:48 pm

what yeah think maybe all news posts i do will be like this one
Back to top Go down
JakeAdmin
Forum Master
Forum Master

Forum Job : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:50 pm

if your getting these from other sites than thats against our rules unless you give credit. so is it from somehwere else
Back to top Go down
https://jgam.forumotion.com
codi17
Master
Master
codi17

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 pm

i forgot i give cred next time
Back to top Go down
JakeAdmin
Forum Master
Forum Master

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:46 pm

edit your post please , and just do it like this

blah blah blah

-blah (fill in who wrote it)
Back to top Go down
FreeRiderman
Admin
Admin
FreeRiderman

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 pm

iLike this ... but make your own articles, even if you give credit your not really our newscaster. maybe it wont be that much but you signed up for the job Wink ... goodluck and dont steal other stuff, look at events and make your own article please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JakeAdmin
Forum Master
Forum Master

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 pm

yeah thats better , read an article that you find interesting and then summerize it in your own words.
Back to top Go down
FreeRiderman
Admin
Admin
FreeRiderman

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:35 pm

shouldnt be hard , especially since you like that stuff .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News Headlines short   News Headlines short Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News Headlines short
Page 1 of 1